Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love my mommy! and moma-cita!

So I just threw this sucker on here without even explaining what it is! WELL... if you notice the date it was mother's day and as you all know I pretty much have the sweetest mom ever! 
 I really wanted to do something nice for her and my ideas definitely weren't as good as Kristin's. She did a cute decoupage for all her moms the same colors as their home decor! Amazing for real huh? So seeing that I didn't have any crafty cute ideas coming to me I just started to write this little diddy. 
 It is the way that I feel when I talk to/am with my mom. 

Hush now sweet babe the shadows all will fade
I'll show the way and lead you safely home 

Rest now my child the winds and rains have come tonight 
I'll stay right here and hold you tight
You've come so far just keep carrying on

You've fought today with all your might 
against all odds you've done what's right 
so keep the faith and you will have great peace

Sleep now my love they're looking out for you above
I'm here tonight so don't you fright, lay your head to sleep

You're home now dear one your work on earth is done
I'm glad to have you back again with me.

Sometimes I feel defeated. Like the world has just knocked the air out of me, kicked me in the face and then left me laying in the middle of the huge dirt road we live on! Only to be eaten by the black vultures I see eating roadkill all the time out here.
 So when I just can't take it anymore I call home. My mom is always willing to talk to me for however long it takes! She makes me so much better! I am sure if I were there in cheyenne she would give me a huge hug, make me a smoothie or some tea or something, and listen while I talk her ear off! 
 yeah, so I am very thankful to have a mom that takes such good care of me and makes me feel like a million bucks! I love you mom! happy mother's day!
  

2 comments:

  1. Can I hire you to sing me to sleep every night? Like for reals? How is it possible or fair that you got so much amazing talent?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms' love nothing more than to hear their kids tell them they love them. You sang it AND said it! How great is that?????!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete